Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Be God’s Temple


By Beth DeCristofaro

I, John, looked and there was a white cloud, and sitting on the cloud one who looked like a son of man, with a gold crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.  Another angel came out of the temple, crying out in a loud voice to the one sitting on the cloud, “Use your sickle and reap the harvest, for the time to reap has come, because the earth’s harvest is fully ripe.” (Revelation 14:14-15)

While some people were speaking about how the temple was adorned with costly stones and votive offerings, Jesus said, “All that you see here–the days will come when there will not be left a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down.”  (Luke 21:5-6)

Piety
My God, I adore You, and I love You with all my heart. I thank you for having created me, made me a Christian, and preserved me this night. I offer You the actions of this day. Grant that all of them may be in accordance with Your holy Will and for Your greater glory. Protect me from sin and from all evil. Let Your grace be always with me and with all my dear ones. Amen.
        (Today’s Prayer with the Pope, November, www.sacredspace.ie )

Study
When, Lord, When?  Jesus’ disciples asked this of him, the crowds asked him, we ask in prayer in times of tribulation.  Often we find ourselves waiting for something we want or circumstances to change thus ignoring the here and now.  Luke’s Gospel imparts the importance of following Jesus in the day to day.  Judgment times will come.  The fall of Jerusalem will come.  The end times will come.  Jesus’ Resurrection removes the when and transforms it into an invitation of grace to unite with the Divine freely and committedly. 

The temple took decades to build.  We each have been gifted a life with which to build our temple to the Lord and the “when” is now, each day, each minute to accept God’s grace abundantly offered.

Action
Life is so precious, how do we rejoice in it?  Charlie is a lively, sweet little boy born with many frailties and imperfections.  His smile is infectious.  His faith filled family delights in his (and his big sister’s) growing up and has persevered with his disabilities, forging a strong community of many people who love and support them.  Charlie is facing another health crisis and needs support for surgery.  Please consider helping out by checking out their fundraising campaign and by keeping Charlie and his family in prayer.

No comments: